Preparing for a Central Illinois Summer
While summer is one of the most fun seasons, you might be feeling some apprehension if you live in Central Illinois. When you're stressed about cooling your home, you won't be able to fully enjoy time with your family, friends, and pets. Don't let any fears about unit failures and large energy bills outweigh your excitement for warm, sunny weather. We know Central Illinois areas like Peoria, Goodfield, Morton, Le Roy, Hudson, Towanda, and the surrounding communities can experience some serious heat in the next few months, so here are some preparation tips you can follow for a worry-free summer:
- Check your air filter. How long has it been since it was replaced? Optimize airflow, achieve efficiency, and prevent coils from freezing with this simple step. A dirty filter is the #1 cause of system failure, so checking this off your list should relieve much anxiety.
- Clean the unit. Go outside and remove any leaves or tree branches on or around your unit. Additionally, make sure there is no outdoor furniture blocking any part of the unit—give it space to work!
- Check your indoor vents. Be sure to check in front of vents to ensure there are no dog toys or furniture blocking the airflow. You never know where your pets might drag pillows or blankets, so it's always good to double-check!
- Talk about your plan for the thermostat. First, verify that the batteries in the thermostat are working properly. Then, decide which temperature you will set your house to when you're not home so that everyone in the household is on the same page. Don't wait until receiving your July bill to realize nobody was adjusting the thermostat!
- Know your repair plan. Of course, inconveniences do pop up. Worse than that, they often catch us off guard. However, if you have a clear plan to follow as soon as your unit needs repair, you'll thank yourself later. At Custom Air company, we offer several repair options. Just add our number to your phone's contact list or submit a service request through our website!
Make this summer the best one yet with a little preparation. If you're a Central Illinois resident, check out the numerous locations we serve! We've been serving homeowners in your region for more than 30 years. For installation, repair, or worry-free maintenance, call us at 309-828-8281, and we can help you achieve a relaxing summer!
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.